You MUST Follow these Running Instagram Accounts. Check out this top 21 List of the Best Runners to Follow on Instagram for Running Tips, Inspiration, Motivation and more!
This list is a great mix of professional runners, new runners, running companies, funny memes and more. And I made it super easy to follow them in list format or from my @RunEatRepeat IG post tagging them.
PLUS – there are a few new Instagram accounts that are focused on diversity and sharing running stories of minority runners. I’ve been following them since I discovered these new handles and think they’ll continue to grow and share great posts.
Here’s a round-up of the BEST Runners on Instagram to follow. The list is in no particular order, but I noted if the handle was a personal accounts or running group.
You can click on the handle to follow them one at a time OR go to @RunEatRepeat on Instagram – I tagged all of these accounts to make it easy for ya.
- Brave Like Gabe – @bravelikegabe : Brave Like Gabe Foundation supporting cancer research in honor of Gabe Grunewald @gigrunewald
- Carlos the Runner – @carlostherunner: Creator of the #DinoRunfie aka his running selfies with dinosaurs and sometimes unicorns! (featured in pic on top of list)
- Alexi Pappas – @Alexipappas : Pro Runner / Personal Account. Inspirational runner with a new book out soon – Bravey.
- Alison Desir – @alisondesir Runner / Personal Account and activist
- Des Linden – @Des_linden Pro Runner / Personal Account – Boston Marathon winner. Keep Showing Up!
- The Orange Runner – @theorangerunner : Running cartoons / Funny Running posts
- Mirna Valerio – @Mirnavator Runner / Personal Account with motivation and training updates
- Gone for a Run – @goneforarun : Running Gear, Virtual Races & memes
- Skid Row Running Club – @skidrowrunningclub : Running Club based out of Skid Row in Los Angeles. (See the Skid Row Marathon Podcast Recap here for more info.)
- Latinas Running – @LatinasRunning : Running club featuring latina runners around the US. Inspiration and Motivation.
- Also see their associated accounts – @Latinosrun and @LatinoKidsRun
- Black Girls Run – @OfficialBlackGirlsRun : Running club with local chapters throughout the US.
- Run Slow AF – @runslowaf : Virtual Running Club by @300poundsandrunning with support for back of the pack runners & Fun Run Gear
- Runners Be – @Runnersbe : Running memes and funny running posts
- Sparkle Athletic – @sparkleathletic : Sparkle Skirt girls – fun posts, promos and features of other runners.
- Hungry Runner Girl aka Janae – @hungryrunnergirl – Runner, fast runner and mother runner, sharing her training, family and running through pregnancy updates.
- The Mother Runner – @themotherrunner : Another Mother Runner podcast, training and blog account featuring tips and updates.
- Moms on the Run USA – @momsontherunusa : Running club for moms who run
- The Challenged Athletes Foundation – @cafoundation : Features and updates from challenged athletes.
- This Girl Can Run – @thisgirlcanrunning : – Instagram account celebrating the #ThisGirlCanRun campaign based in the UK
- Running Diversity Coalition – @Runningdiversity : New group of running brands, running retailers, and runners representing Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC).
- Native Women Running – @Native_Women_Running: Features and inspiration from Native Women Running
- Girls on the Run International – @girlsontheruninternational : Girls on the Run Organization national account with updates, features and info on how to support.
* I’ve also tagged all these running handles on my Instagram @RunEatRepeat *
Note: Skinny Runner is no longer on Instagram linked to her running blog SkinnerRunner.com or @SkinnyRunner insta handle. She stopped blogging and posting on Instagram under that name a long time ago – but I still get a lot of searches on this site and questions about her. She’s alive and well, but prefers to be private for now.
Top 3 Favorite Instagram Story Template
Now it’s your turn – Tag your Top 3 Favorite Runners on Instagram! You can use this template to post in your stories or post on your feed with your fave photo.
And be sure to follow @RunEatRepeat on Instagram for more tips & fun running updates!